As discussed in Alberta Education’s document on the Principal Quality Standard, a principal that embodies visionary leadership “collaboratively involves the school community in creating and sustaining shared school values, vision, mission and goals.”
Upon reflection, in my opinion I have spent only a minimal amount of time working on the descriptors in this section. This being stated, I do believe that the following will reflect how I am attempting to meet the criteria listed.
- My approaches and delivery of curricular objectives is strongly dictated by a combination of my learning of new strategies, from colleagues as of my years of experience teaching Special Education.
- I regularly use my skills to communicate my ideas and understandings, while listening to and taking into account the experiences and expertise of other individuals.
- In regards to maintaining the school authority’s vision and mission, I actively seek understanding and information of those in administrative roles to ensure that decision and ideas align with division policies and requirements.
- My educational partner and team have regular. formal and informal meetings to discuss changes and modifications to our approaches in educational delivery and behavior modifications to ensure consistency and best practice.
- I am often called upon to provide information and assistance to colleagues during discussions about how our educational practices can align with the policies and requirements of our partner organization.